Connect Health’s Commitment Statement to the Accessible Information Standard
NHS England has created the Accessible Information Standard which the NHS and adult social care services are legally obliged to meet. As part of the Accessible Information Standard, Connect Health will do 5 things as set out by NHS England. We will:
- Ask patients if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
- Record those needs in a set way.
- Highlight on a patient’s file, so it is clear that they have information or communication needs, and clearly explain how those needs should be met.
- Share information about a patient’s needs with other NHS and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so.
- Make sure that patients get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it.
- All of our websites/online material use Recite Me software which makes the website not only accessible but useable by all, covering type and size of font, colour theme, screen masks, language, audio and magnification:
- translation of website material into 100+ languages, including 35 also available in text to speech tool
- Screen reader function & tools for visually impaired users
- Reading tools & dictionary provides assistance for users with reading or learning difficulties
- Styling tools allow users to adjust colours, font type/size and spacing to ensure content is clear and easy to read in a format that works for them
- Our services support the Relay UK talk to text app and phone service for deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired users. This service is free to use and enables our Patient Care Advisors to have a conversation over the phone with a patient via an operator texting them the call content. To access the Relay UK service, users will need to have a text phone or install the free Relay UK app.
- All of our services use Interpretation services via a number of methods, empowering spoken understanding via video, phone, or a face-to-face interpreter.
- Closed captions are available for the user to enable on our Connect Health published video content on our website and via patient programme links.
Service specific Information
For each of our NHS services, the website details:
- Services on offer
- Meet the team – photos and bios
- Patient guides and information in PDF to download
- Detailed information about each clinic – full contact information, directions, parking, opening hours, what to do on arrival, additional services, frequently asked questions
- Patient resources – informative and educational videos, PDFs and links to credible websites
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
or contact your local service https://www.connecthealth.co.uk/contact