Connect Health is celebrating its 30th anniversary during 2019 and is marking this impressive milestone by linking up with three fantastic charities, to raise £30,000.
Founded by Prof Andrew Walton in 1989, Connect Health has grown from a single private clinic to be the largest, independent provider of integrated community MSK (musculoskeletal) services in the UK. Serving over 300,000 patients a year, the organisation carries out nearly half a million appointments per annum, with a key focus on improving the quality of people’s lives.
The three charities, that have been selected by over 100 Connect Health colleagues, are Macmillan, Mind and north east based Dementia Matters (formerly Dementia care) who will be getting involved along the way and helping raise awareness of these great causes.
Prof Andrew Walton, Founder and Executive Chair of Connect Health commented “I can’t believe it’s been 30 years since I set up my first clinic and we’re delighted to be celebrating this milestone by encouraging colleagues, their family and friends, our suppliers and partners to help us raise £30,000 for three great charities. But of course, we wouldn’t be where we are today without the support of the past and present exceptional team of people that work at Connect.
“I’m most proud of the impact we are making on our three stakeholders – we’re saving money for the taxpayer, we’re achieving better outcomes for patients and providing a great environment for our staff. We have just run our annual people survey and I’m really proud to hear that 80% of our staff think it’s not just a good place to work, but it’s a great place to work.”
Jon Lowe, Managing Director added
“We are right to celebrate the commitment of everyone who works at Connect, but also to congratulate the resilience and perseverance of the founder, Andrew. I’m sure we’re all looking forward to the next 30 years of making a real difference to the lives of NHS patients and occupational health employees throughout the UK.”
Connect has lots of fun activities planned throughout the year, where colleagues are trying out new things, stretching their imagination and having a bit of fun including:
- Our Board of Directors have committed to walking 30km to raise money for the cause
- Our Occupational Health physio regional teams are embarking on a “three rivers” walk alongside some special customers, covering the Mersey, Thames and the River Tyne
- Colleagues in our south NHS team have committed to carrying out the Triathlon
- Many of our physios are doing Tough Mudder
- The HR team has committed to walk 30 miles in 30 days
- We’re organising a charity band night and posh raffle
- Our Herts Valleys team are challenging the rest of the south services team to a Ping Pong competition
- Smarties challenge – we’re filling up empty tubes with £1 coins – it’s the equivalent of one hour’s time for a Macmillan nurse
- We’ll celebrate alongside colleagues who was born in 1989 or who turned 30 in 1989
You can support our challenge here:
View our new company brochure.
View our Connect Firsts.