The event is to be held on Thursday 5th March 2020 and will look into the future of Procurement in the NHS.
This report was originally conceptualised in response to proposals calling for legislative change, specifically for Section 75 Regulations to be revoked in favour of commissioners using their discretion to apply a ‘best value test’. Both parties have worked hard to create a useful, practical Report that was drafted following a series of consultations with industry leaders from across a variety of specialities and sectors.
- We’ve created a maturity matrix that describes the key elements of a better value approach to procurement and what good looks like
- We outline the key challenges in the design and application of a new procurement regime. In particular, the need to be outcomes focused, defined by patients and the public and not so prescriptive as to prevent local innovation
- We have developed a better value checklist and better value maturity matrix to support NHS organisations understand whether they are deriving value from their services
We have a very exciting line-up of speakers:
- Ivan Ellul, Director of Commissioning Policy, NHS England and NHS Improvement,
- David Hare, Chief Executive, Independent Healthcare Providers Network,
- Prof Andrew Walton, Executive Chair Connect Health
- Darren Grayson, Director of Delivery GGI
The report is developed in response to proposals calling for legislative change, specifically for Section 75 Regulations to be revoked in favour of commissioners using their discretion to apply a ‘Best Value test’. The Report was drafted following a series of consultations with industry leaders from across a variety of specialities and sectors.
18.00 Arrival and Registration
18.30 Welcome and introduction (Darren Grayson, GGI)
18.40 Reimagining NHS Procurement (Andrew Walton, Connect Health)
18.50 National context (Ivan Ellul, Director of Commissioning, NHS Improvement and NHS England)
19.00 Next Steps for Procurement in the NHS (David Hare, Independent Healthcare Providers Network)
19.10 Questions and Answers
19.20 Reception and Networking
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who is interested in the future of procurement and commissioning in the NHS.
Each registration will be reviewed prior to approval by our Events Team
If you are interested in attending please contact Pantelis Soteriou by clicking below