Connect Health Executive Chair, Andrew Walton, will be speaking at a breakout session ran by the Independent Healthcare Providers Network at the NHS Confederation’s Annual Conference.
2019 – the year of community health services?
With an additional £4.5bn announced for primary and community health services over the next five years in the NHS Long Term Plan, community healthcare is without doubt having its moment. But will money alone be enough to put community services on more sustainable footing after years of being seen as the health sector’s poorer cousin? This session will look at how the health sector can help translate the warm words around community health into concrete actions; what commissioners need to do to get the best possible providers to deliver community care in integrated systems and what impact the NHS’ potential legislative changes could have on the sector.
- David Hare Chief Executive Independent Healthcare Providers Network (Part of the NHS Confederation)
- Andrew Walton, Executive Chair, Connect Health
- Matthew Winn, Director of Community Services, NHS England
- Andrew Burnell, CEO at City Health Care Partnership CIC (and interim leader of Humber, Coast and Vale STP)
- Stuart Rennison- Price, COO, Virgin Care
You can access more information about each of the speakers in the Confed19 event here.