Physiotherapy services transform lives through reversing the impact of illness and disability through supported self-management, rehabilitation and education. Physiotherapy UK 2017 returns to Birmingham this year and is focused on the key determinants to achieve our vision for UK physiotherapy across all sectors and settings.
The themes for this year are:
- Evidence matters
- LEAD: Leadership Exploration, Advocacy & Development
- Our Digital Movement
- Your service, your improvement
At this year, we will be on stand 37 promoting all of our career opportunities at Connect, including roles for Graduate and qualified Physiotherapists. We also have a number of poster presentations including:
- Our Consultant Physiotherapist, Matthew Wyatt will be presenting a poster on ‘Creating and Implementing Internal Evidence Based Guidelines for Musculoskeletal Clinical Practice’ describes the process of developing and rolling out the 10/10 clinical guidelines within Connect
- Our Advanced Practice Physiotherapist, Aimee Robson’s poster will look at ‘Compliance with metastatic cord compression (MSCC) guidelines; use of clinical audit to inform change in MSK pathway’
- Camden Extended Scope Practitioner, Chandrasekhar Dekka will be presenting a poster on the ‘Impact of an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner-led pilot community Spinal MSK service’, which looks at our Harrow Spinal Service which was pilot service but has not been extended for another 6 months
- Our Clinical Lead for the North, Helen Robson, will also be delivering a poster presentation on ‘Predicting health related quality of life improvements using EQ-5D following community-based musculoskeletal physiotherapy’.
Our Medical Director Graeme Wilkes will also be presenting on Saturday during the session ‘The power of numbers – using data to improve services’, which takes place between 9-10.30am in Room 1. You can view the full programme online.
To find out more about our career opportunities across the UK and the great benefits we offer (including a day off for your birthday, online discounts portal, structured career path), visit us on stand 37.