Connect Health is the largest provider of Musculoskeletal Services in the country including Rheumatology care. Successful community models established elsewhere in the country helped to form this specialist model of care.
This is a unique service designed to deliver care differently, with the needs of Rheumatology patients at the forefront of our minds. As a patient of the community service, you will benefit from a number of key features including:
• Appointments close to home, with free parking and good public transport links
• A choice of venues available for your appointments
• An opportunity to attend education sessions to improve knowledge of your condition and many other aspects relating to the management of your long-term condition
• Comprehensive assessment of health risks including heart disease, stroke, and risk of breaking a bone *
• A 24hr guaranteed call back service for advice and help
• Access to a range of exercise classes designed specifically for people with arthritis
• We have a dedicated call team who will manage this from Monday – Friday between 8.30am– 5pm.
• You will be provided with a handheld record so you can record any issues, keep a check on your blood and x-ray results and it will form a useful resource of information about medication and useful facts about your condition
• Access to urgent appointments (within 48 hours)
• Work in an integrated way with your GP to ensure you receive “joined up” care **
* Patients with inflammatory arthritis have a higher risk of developing cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke. To minimise risk every patient will receive a comprehensive assessment of their health as part of the rheumatology consultation once a year. This is called an Annual Review.
**Connect Health will undertake the annual review assessment at the same time as the rheumatology consultation whenever possible. For most patients, this will take place in their own GP surgery. A small number of surgeries are not able to provide clinical space and for those patients, a range of alternatives will be offered. All information collected at this appointment will be shared with the GP to ensure that patients receive high quality, “joined up” care.
To contact the specialist team, you only need to make a phone call to 01223 603 986