Service Transition Manager
Full Time or Part Time would be considered
Salary £30,000 – £50,000
National – Remote working and travel
We have a rare opportunity for someone to join our growing team in the exciting role of Service Transition Manager (STM).
Aligned with our significant ongoing growth Connect have an established Service Transition team dedicated to ensuring the successful mobilisation of new services from contract award through to live delivery.
This is a national role requiring some remote working and travel. Flexibility will be applied with specific arrangements made in discussion with the successful applicant based on individual circumstances.
As part of our Service Transition Team the STM will lead on the design and delivery of new NHS services, typically involving the provision of community musculoskeletal, pain and rheumatology care.
In addition to the mobilisation of new services the STM will contribute to service improvement initiatives in collaboration with our Projects, Innovation & Change team and will have opportunity to support our Business Development team in pursuing further business growth.
You will join a friendly, passionate and experienced Service Transition Team. All of whom have previously held operational and clinical leadership roles and provide a granular level understanding of service delivery and specialist know-how from involvement in a combined total of 50 NHS service mobilisations.
With such variety in the work undertaken and diversity of skills within the existing team we are not prescriptive with regards to the type of role or professional background applicants must have. However, strong personal values that fully aligned with that of our team and our wider organisation are essential!
Successful applicants will be:
• Passionate about the delivery of efficient, high quality services that are innovative, accessible and responsive to patient needs.
• Dynamic in their approach to your work with an irrepressible can-do attitude
• Pioneering, with a penchant for innovation and problem-solving.
• Motivated by inspiring people, skilled at fostering positive relationships and have resilience in their approach to leadership to support people through periods of significant organisational change.
What others have said about joining the role
“Easily the best development opportunity you’ll find. Challenging but rewarding because of the exposure and experience to things on a daily basis that it would take months (even years) to see in other roles!”
Gary Howe, Service Transition Manager
“Can’t recommend this opportunity enough…it will accelerate your clinical and/or operational career and you will get great support from a great team”
Paul Allan, Director of NHS Services
“The best career move I’ve made so far! A role where your leadership skills are invested in and you get 100x more opportunities to develop… working with a range of clinical and operational colleagues to improve patient experience and outcomes”
Mike Smith, Service Transition Manager
• A rounded understanding of healthcare service design and delivery
• A demonstrable passion for driving improvements in service delivery (preferably in healthcare sector)
• Evidence of providing strong motivational leadership to support a team towards the achievement of specific goals
• Experience of leading, managing and motivating others through change and / or challenging circumstances
• Experience of delivering (or assisting in delivering) a quality service whilst meeting financial and operational targets (including management against KPIs)
• Experience of promoting a positive and dynamic culture to both internal and external stakeholders
• Hold or working towards a leadership / management qualification
• Experience of working with CCGs to review performance and delivery of the service
• Knowledge of NHS commissioning, contracting and policy, and the various ways this can be reflected in service delivery
• Involvement in Business Development including (but not limited to) contributing to bid response questions
If you are interested in this role and would like to learn more about Connect, then please visit our website http://www.connecthealth.co.uk/careers/
Or if you would like to discuss this opportunity then email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal call.