Director of Clinical Delivery
Full or Part Time
Newcastle upon Tyne or London (and surrounding areas)
Here at Connect, we’re very proud of how we’ve grown from being a single private clinic established in 1989, to now being the largest provider of community musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy services in the UK, with over 350 clinical experts in MSK and occupational physiotherapy.
As we grow, innovate and develop the MSK services we offer, we live by one single vision; to help people improve their quality of life. It’s what we do, it’s who we are and it’s why we exist. And it’s what every individual within our Connect team cares passionately about.
The role of Director of Clinical Delivery is vital to the growth, image and development of Connect, it’s about leading by example in clinical excellence and delivery.
The successful candidate will need to motivate and inspire others to want to commit to working in the community MSK environment and helping Connect to achieve the goal of clinical excellence. This is a proactive position and the holder will need to achieve objectives and lead others against a backdrop of changing health policies and external influences and opinions.
You will need to be organised, consistent and lead by example. Attention to detail, the ability & desire to measure results of activity whilst being able to multi-task will be factors influencing success. You will be expected to be positive, constructive and approachable and carry out tasks with fairness and integrity, whilst understanding commercial factors in healthcare provision. a good communicator, customer orientated and be committed to the development of quality and service as a market differential and business ethos.
You will work with the Medical Director and other senior clinical and operational staff to achieve the appropriate balance between clinical delivery and meeting the financial needs of a large healthcare provider within an ever-changing political landscape.
What we are looking for:
• On the specialist register of GMC for an MSK related speciality
• Medical Indemnity cover
• GMC Revalidation and annual appraisal in place
• Ability to positively represent an Independent provider to the NHS amongst the “NHS family”
• Confidence in interactions with a wide range of health professionals
• Understanding of Primary Care
• Understanding of Secondary Care NHS MSK services
• Experience in clinical leadership
• Training in Leadership
• Musculoskeletal Ultrasound skills
• Experience in presenting clinical material at meeting and conferences
• Experience in chairing / being effective in meetings with internal / external attendance
• Experience in Incident and complaint investigation/ handling
• Experience in Safeguarding
• Experience in General Practice
• Ability to interact confidently with Secondary Care Consultants and Managers